Covert Scouting Cameras, Inc.
Last edited November 1, 2016
Information is created when visitors and customers visit our websites, websites of our contractor(s) (e.g., cellular service providers and contractors managing accounts and activations), as well as when customers use our products and services. The policy below explains the types of information created and how that information may be used.
The following information may be collected from our website visitors and customers. This list is intended to be illustrative, not all-inclusive. Other information may be collected.
- Account Information including your name, address, telephone number, email address, and service related details such as payment data, security codes, and service history.
- Network Performance and Usage Information including how you use our network, our products, and our services (e.g., cellular service provided by our contractor(s)), and how well our equipment and network is performing.
- Location Information tells us where your wireless device is located.
We use the information we collect from you to:
- Provide services and improve your customer experience;
- Bill you for your services;
- Manage your account per your usage elections (e.g., overage billing or suspend service);
- Respond to your questions;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and data network;
- Inform you of service updates, new products, offers, and promotions;
- Deliver Relevant Advertising to you;
- Create External Marketing and Analytics Reports;
- Assist in the prevention and investigation of illegal activities and violations of our Terms of Service.
We may share some or all of your information with the following companies; this list is intended to be illustrative, not all-inclusive:
- Other companies that perform services on our behalf only as needed for them to perform those services.
- Other companies and entities, to:
- Comply with court orders and other legal process;
- Enforce our agreements and property rights; and
- Obtain payment for products and services.
Our commitment to protecting your data
- Information that personally identifies you will only be shared with contractors as needed and they will not be allowed to share your personal information with anyone else without a court order.
- Information that personally identifies you will be kept in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes.
- We will take reasonable measures to protect information that personally identifies you from theft.
Online Privacy for Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13.
California Privacy Rights
Web Site Data Collection: We do not knowingly allow other parties to collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites when you use our websites and services. Covert Scouting Cameras, Inc. provides information about the opt-out choices it makes available upon request.
“Do Not Track” Notice: Because the providers of “do not track” and similar signals do not yet operate according to common, industry-accepted standards, Covert Scouting Cameras, Inc. currently does not respond to those signals. For more information on Do Not Track, please visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with these requirements or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices and policies may contact us at (877) 462-1799, or write to us at Covert Scouting Cameras, Inc., 4338 Greenridge Spar Road, Lewisburg, KY 42256.
Aggregate Information is information that we compile into anonymous groups of visitors, customers, or users (e.g., statistics relating demographic groups). Individuals cannot be readily identified form such information.
Anonymous Information is information that doesn’t directly identify an individual and cannot be readily used to identify an individual visitor, customer, or user (e.g., a non-specific geographic area such as an area indicated by an Internet Protocol address).
A customer or user is anyone who purchases or uses our products or services. When a customer purchases products or services for use by others, those individuals also are customers.
A visitor is someone accessing our website or the website of our contractors without completing a purchase or activation.
Contractors include companies who provide services to Covert Scouting Cameras, Inc. including our distributors, our retailers, our service activation partners, and our cellular network operators.
Our network includes our website, the websites of our Contractors, and cellular data networks operated by our Contractors.
A device is any device purchased from us, particularly cellular enabled devices that can be activated on a cellular network operator through our cellular services.
Personal information is information that directly identifies or can be readily used to figure out the identity of a customer or user (e.g., your name, address, phone number and email address).
Relevant advertising is advertising based on aggregated information about groups of people (e.g., age, ethnicity, income range, general geographic area) to develop advertising specific to that group.
A website, Internet site, web page, or other similar terms all mean any page or location on the Internet, no matter what device (cell phone, tablet, laptop, PC, etc.) or protocol (http, WAP, ftp or other) is used to access the page or location.
Company is Covert Scouting Cameras, Inc. (hereinafter “Covert).
Scope of This Policy
This Policy applies not only to you, but also to other users of your account, products, and services such as family members, employees, and hunting partners. You are responsible for making sure all users of your account, your Covert products, and your Covert services understand and agree to this Policy.
We may have written product or service agreements with Contractors that contain specific provisions about confidentiality, security or handling of information. When one of these agreements differs from or conflicts with this Policy, the terms of those agreements will apply. In all other instances, the terms of this Policy apply.
Covert collects may different types of information via your use of our products and services.
Account Information includes contact and billing information.
- Contact Information allows us to communicate with you. We get this information when you order our products or register for our services. This would include information like your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Billing Information relates to your financial relationship with us, such as the products you purchase, the services we provide to you through our Contractors, the telephone numbers you call and text, your payment history, your credit history, your credit card numbers, Social Security number, security codes, and your service history.
Technical and Usage Information includes information how you use our network, services, products or websites, and what devices you access our services, products, and websites with. Some examples of technical and usage information include:
- Equipment Information is information that identifies your equipment (i.e., devices) on our network, such as equipment type, device IDs, device status, serial numbers, settings, configuration, and software.
- Network Performance and Usage Information is information regarding the operation of the equipment that you use on our network. Examples of network performance and usage information includes wireless device location, the number and timing of text messages sent and received, voice minutes used (if any), data used, and resources used when uploading, downloading or streaming data to and from the Internet.
- Some Network Performance and Usage Information and some Billing Information is Customer Proprietary Network Information or “CPNI.” CPNI is information that relates to the quantity, configuration, type, destination, location and amount of use of the communications network services you purchase from us, as well as the information contained in your bills for those services. We collect CPNI in the normal course of providing you with communications network services and our products. Your telephone number, name and address are not CPNI.
- If devices other than scouting and security cameras are used on our network, Covert and our Contractors will collect Web Browsing and Mobile Application Information such as IP addresses, URLs, data transmission rates and delays. We also learn about the pages visited, the links or advertisements viewed and followed, the search terms entered, how often an application is opened, how long an app is in use , and other similar information.
Location Information includes the geographic area of your device as well your ZIP-code and street address. Location information is generated when your device communicates with cell towers, Wi-Fi routers or access points and/or with other technologies, including the satellites that comprise the Global Positioning System.
We collect information in the following ways:
- We collect information when visitors and customers or users make a purchase or set up an account with us or our Contractors.
- We obtain information from outside sources like credit reports, marketing mailing lists, and commercially available geographic and demographic information.
We use collected information to improve visitor, customer, and user experiences and to improve or product and service offerings. Collected information may be used to, for example:
- Provide services to customers and users, manage our products and services, respond to questions, and address any issues;
- Deliver customized content, Relevant Advertising and personalized offers for products and services that may be of interest to visitors, customers, and users;
- Communicate service updates, offers, and promotions;
- Protect network integrity and security, ensure quality control, optimize capacity, and prevent misuse;
- Conduct research and analysis for maintaining, protecting and developing our network, our products, and our services;
- Prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud, and potential threats to our products and services and our Contractors’ systems and networks;
- Investigate violations of our Terms of Service, or other service conditions or restrictions; and
- Protect the safety of any person.
We currently provide cloud services for online picture storage only. When providing cloud services, we will only use the information you store in our cloud service to provide you with that service, unless we first get your permission to use it for another purpose.
We will only share your Personal Information with other companies for them to use for the marketing of their own products and services when we have your consent. We will share your Personal Information with our Contractors as needed to provide you with our products and services.
Our Contractors may be located outside the United States, or the jurisdiction where you reside. If your Personal Information is shared with these companies, it could be accessible to government authorities according to the laws that govern those jurisdictions.
There are also occasions when we provide Personal Information to other companies or other entities, such as government agencies, credit bureaus and collection agencies, without your consent. We may share information to:
- Comply with court orders, subpoenas, lawful discovery requests and other legal or regulatory requirements, and to enforce our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Obtain payment or make refunds for products and services that appear on your Covert billing statements;
- Enforce our agreements and protect our rights or property;
- Assist with identity verification and email address validation;
- Notify, respond or provide information (including location information) to a responsible governmental entity or rescue service in emergency or exigent circumstances or in situations involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury; and
- Notify the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children of information concerning child pornography of which we become aware through the provision of our services.
Use of Collected Information in Advertising
Covert may use information like the preferences you have expressed and interests you have demonstrated on our website, in our stores, and through use of our products and services, to provide you with marketing information and advertisements for Covert products and services. Those ads may be delivered on our websites or via email or text message. This is called “first party” advertising. It is part of our service relationship and you are not able to opt-out of this type of advertising.
Covert may have advertising partners that use anonymous information gathered through cookies and similar technologies from our website or the websites of our Contractors, as well as other anonymous and aggregate information that either Covert or our partners may help us tailor the ads you see on non-Covert sites. For example, if you see an ad from Covert on a non-Covert sports-related website, you may later receive an ad for sporting equipment delivered by us on a different website. This is called “online behavioral advertising”, which is a type of Relevant Advertising.
Covert also uses information we get through customers’ and users’ use of our products and services, from our advertising partners, and information like your age and gender to deliver Relevant Advertising other than online behavioral advertising. We combine your anonymous information with that of other users into aggregate “audience segments”. These segments are based on particular interests and/or factual characteristics that everyone in that audience segment is likely to share based on collected information. Covert might use that information to send you advertisements that are relevant to those interests or characteristics. We create Relevant Advertising with aggregate audience segments that are large enough that individuals in the group cannot be identified individually.
Location information includes your ZIP-code and street address, as well as the geographic location of your wireless device. We use location information to provide wireless communications services, to maintain and improve our network, and for billing and related billing purposes.
We can locate a customer’s device based on the cell tower that the device is connected to. We can develop a more precise estimate of location by associating the serving cell tower ID with other information, like the latitude and longitude of the tower, radio frequency parameters, GPS information and timing differences in radio signals. Depending on a variety of factors, these methods may estimate the location of your device to within 30 to 1000 meters. For scouting and security cameras, Only Covert and our Contractors can locate your device so long as you are using a scouting or security camera on our network. If you are using a cellular phone, tablet, or other wireless device on our network, other companies (e.g., the device manufacturer) may also collect data including location data from your device.
Anonymous and Aggregate Information
Covert collects information about how visitors, customers, and users use our website, products, and services using cookies and other similar technologies. This information does not include your Personal Information and is considered anonymous. When Covert collects information that identifies you personally, we may anonymize it for certain purposes. We anonymize the information by removing data fields (such as name, address and telephone number) that can be used to identify you. We also use a variety of statistical techniques and operational controls to anonymize data. Anonymizing information is one of the tools we use to protect your privacy.
Aggregate information is a form of anonymous information. We combine data that meet certain criteria into anonymous groups.
We share anonymous and aggregate information with companies other than our Contractors We may share anonymous and aggregate information with:
- Universities, laboratories, think tanks and other entities that conduct networking, social, behavioral, environmental and other types of scientific research, for the purpose of creating fundamental new knowledge;
- Municipalities, government or other entities that may use this data for purposes such as municipal and transportation planning, and emergency and disaster response coordination.
Covert does not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13. Internet and wireless devices and services purchased for family use may be used by children without our knowledge. When that happens, information collected appears to us to be associated with the adult customer who purchases our products and subscribes to our services, and will be treated as the adult’s information under this Policy.
Data Protection and Security
We do not sell or transfer your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose, other than our Contractors as needed to provide you with our products and services. We keep your Personal Information as long as we need for business, tax, or legal purposes. We use electronic and administrative safeguards designed to make the information we collect secure. Some examples of those safeguards include:
- Maintaining and protecting the security of computer storage and network equipment
- Requiring employee user names and passwords to access sensitive data;
- Applying encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by us;
- Limiting access to Personal Information to only those with jobs requiring such access; and
- Requiring caller/online authentication before providing Account Information so that only you or someone who knows your Account Information will be able to access or change the information.
Although we strive to keep your Personal Information secure, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will never be stolen or disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Policy (e.g., as the result of unauthorized acts by third parties that violate the law or this Policy). Covert will notify you at the phone number or email address provided in your account information when we determine that we have experienced a security breach and there is a reasonably likely risk of personal information exposure, or where otherwise required by law.
Opting Out of Marketing Contacts
To opt out of email marketing messages and marketing text messages, follow the instructions on the email marketing messages and marketing text messages.
The FTC maintains a National Do Not Call Registry at donotcall.gov, and your state may maintain its own Do Not Call Registry. Putting your number on these Registries also may limit our Covert telemarketing calls to that number. All of our practices are designed to satisfy state and federal legal requirements limiting marketing contacts. Those laws and regulations such as the requirements governing the state and federal “Do Not Call” lists generally permit companies to contact their own current and, in some cases, former customers, even when those customers are listed on the federal and state “Do Not Call” lists.